open uni

When I conducted my search on Improving sexual health in
young women aged 16 to 25 years, initially I go through some current
information about sexual health problems in general. I was looking on NHS websites
like NHS Digital. After that I was looking for statistics on particular sexual
health problems particularly for young women in
Office of National Statistics. When I have figure out the sexual health
problems I started to search for the three types of research.

I used the Open University library resources to search for journals.
I created a question for each of the three pieces of evidence about what I wanted
searching as this could keep me on track of what exactly I was searching for.
It also helped me to specify suitable keywords and limited the results to my
actual topic of search. I started by looking for journal articles because as
they are considered the most appropriate
source of information as they can be clearly defined and current  (Open University 2017). Another reason I searched
journal articles was that of ground-breaking
research. Because each and every database has distinctive features of search I
familiarised myself with the database through the help screen and some guidance
help.

We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!


order now

We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!


order now

As soon as I grasped the search interface, I started working
on the key terms I could search. For the
qualitative research, I came with a question, how to improve sexual health in
bisexual young women. I chose this topic because bisexual women are very much stigmatised,
and their sexual health is not prioritised.
The final keywords that got me a qualitative research was combining the words
in a search criterion that included and. I yield a lot of results then I had to
decide which limitations I could use in the advanced
search. I decided to limit my search to 3 years back only. My choice of
language was English. When I got a considerable number of-of results, I was looking for research in peer-reviewed journals because these articles are peer detailed evaluated
prior to publication. Of the peer-viewed
articles I evaluated them using 
PROMPT. I think  my main problem
was finding local peer viewed  journal
information on bisexual young women

With the quantitative research I wanted to know why young
women are affected more by sexually transmitted diseases than men in England, (Public Health England). The
information I had initially browse online. To Improving sexual health in young
women, encouragement is needed for women to be tested, however if the women are
treated but their partners are not treated they are at risk of getting
re-infected. I came up with the question about reinfection
in young women with chlamydia then I did my research as I did with qualitative
research. With this one I found very little articles with relevant information
on quantitative research on the age group I was looking for. I had to change my
search strategies by using synonyms. Then the results I found, I personalised
them

Searching for research on both quantitative and qualitative
was the most challenging part. I was searching for
sites such as Economic and Social Research Council. Trying to figure out what
questions I could come out with. I struggle to come out with keywords that
could come out with research on both quantitative and qualitative research. I change
my search strategies a few times but I did not find better results for quantitative and qualitative both about improving sexual health
in young women aged 16 to25.Finally I 
found an article about qualitative
research and in the abstract it says part
of a combined study. I searched the related article and I found it. 

 Reflecting on the
search I think I struggled with formulating the question because they are a lot
of information on chlamydia. I was searching for
one database to another and sometimes I
would end up out of my formulated keywords
to search. I think next time I should spend
more time focusing on using different techniques and different words. What went
wrong was that I was using one set of keywords
changing from one database to another
instead of formulating all my keywords at
once then search database by database.